|Terms of Adoption
The following agreement specifies what we feel is required to provide a safe and loving home for a dog. Please understand that the details of the contract reflect our concern that both owner and dog have a happy life together. The conditions set forth are based on years of experience and a continuing commitment to see that our rescue dogs find safe and happy permanent homes. We hope that you will understand that considerable emotional involvement, time and energy go into insuring that our rescue dogs have the best possible second chance at life.
If I am successful in the adoption of a dog through Arizona Border Collie Rescue (ABCR) I herein promise and agree to the following conditions.
- To keep this dog in my personal possession, provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter, grooming and humane treatment at all times.
- If this dog has not already been spayed or neutered at the time of adoption, I AGREE TO HAVE HIM OR HER SPAYED OR NEUTERED AT MY EXPENSE within thirty days or when age appropriate. Proof of spaying or neutering will be provided in writing to Arizona Border Collie Rescue within ten days of surgery. I will not allow this dog to breed or be bred under any circumstances.
- To procure veterinary care at once if it becomes sick or injured and to keep current all vaccinations against rabies, distemper, parvo, and corona viruses.
- To provide him or her with an ID tag secured to a buckle collar (never with a choke collar) which will be worn at all times. In addition, ABCR recommends micro-chipping as a means of permanent identification.
- To obey any and all animal control regulations governing the area in which I live, and to license this dog according to such regulations within one month of adoption.
- Not to sell, trade, transfer ownership, abandon, or dispose of this dog in any way, but to notify ABCR if I must relinquish custody of the dog. This includes release to family members.
- To allow an ABCR representative to examine the dog and its living conditions and to surrender it to said representative for return to the organization if the conditions are found unsatisfactory.
- To assume full responsibility for this dog's actions, and for any damage done by this dog.
- To exercise him/her in a safe environment and to never allow him/her to run loose without proper adult supervision.
- I agree never to allow him/her to be transported in the open bed of a pickup truck or similar vehicle.
- I agree to an adoption fee of $200.
Arizona Border Collie Rescue Disclaimer
I fully understand that Arizona Border Collie Rescue cannot and does not make any representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the temperament, health, habits or background of this pet and that future reactions to me, my family, my pets and other persons and animals are completely unpredictable. Therefore, and in consideration of receiving this dog, I hereby release Arizona Border Collie Rescue from all claims of injury or damage, which this dog may cause me or my property. And I further agree to hold harmless Arizona Border Collie rescue from any and all claims of liability to other persons for injuries or damage caused them by this dog while it is in my care or custody. My selection of this dog has been based upon my own observation of the actions and temperament, and I have selected this dog solely upon my own judgement.